Over recent years, Primary Industries and Regions (PIRSA) has progressed with digital initiatives including a recent initiative to allow online processing of Property Identification Code (PIC) renewals.
The PIC online renewal application has been in use since January 2018 and all producers sent registration renewal letters since then have been invited to renew online and provide feedback on the process.
Biosecurity SA has now been able to review and implement enhancements to the system as a result of their producer feedback. The online system delivers the following benefits:
- Livestock producers can now renew their PIC registrations online at their own convenience;
- Secure online payment processing is offered;
- Immediate return delivery by email of PIC certificate, tax receipt and online summary details;
- Producers can update their information online at any time at no cost;
- Notification of pending PIC expiry will continue to be advised approximately six weeks prior to expiry, now by email rather than traditional post;
- Email renewal documentation sent electronically conserves our natural resources; and
- Producers with slow or no internet connections can request their renewal form be forward for manual processing.
Future initiatives include the ability to apply online for a new Livestock PIC.