Congratulations to all the winners of the 2018 SA Dairy Competition, announced on 1 September! Following is a list of the industry-sponsored winners, but we’d also like to congratulate all who were in the running for an award.
“The companies that work hard and show commitment to continual quality improvement deserve congratulations and our support as consumers,” said Geoff Raven, CEO of Dairysafe.
- The DIAA Trophy for Champion Cheddar went to Beston Pure Foods for its Edwards Crossing Cheddar (Mild) 20kg.
- The Auscold Logistics Trophy for Champion Hard or Semi Hard Cheese Other Than Cheddar went to Beston Pure Foods for its Edwards Crossing Gruyere 6kg round. This cheese also won the Say Cheese Trophy for Champion SA Manufactured Cheese.
- The Cheeselinks Trophy for Champion Soft Cheese went to B.-d. Farm Paris Creek for its Paris Creek Farms Organic Dairy Biodynamic Triple Cream Brie 280g.
- The Auscold Logistics Trophy for Champion Cheese from a Small-Scale Dairy Producer went to Meredith Dairy for its Meredith Dairy Fresh Chevre with Ash 150g.
- The Auscold Logistics Trophy for Champion Yoghurt went to Jalna Dairy Foods for its Jalna BioDynamic Organic Whole Milk Yoghurt.
- The Auscold Logistics Trophy for Champion Fresh Product went to Tweedvale Milk for its Tweedvale Milk Pure Double Cream.
- The Dairy Australia Trophy for Best Innovative Dairy Product went to Beston Pure Foods for its Edwards Crossing Fancy Bites Snack Packs.
- The Alto Manufacturing Trophy for Champion Ice-Cream went to 48 Flavours for its 48 Flavours Salted Pistachio. This ice-cream was also awarded the Dairy Australia Trophy for Most Outstanding Dairy Exhibit. Congratulations!
For news and photos from the awards night head to www.diaa.asn.au