A rebate is available for farms that use quadbikes for the purchase of roll over protection devices that can be fitted to the bikes.
South Australian Dairyfarmers’ Association (SADA) says dairy farmers can apply for a rebate of up to $800 for the purchase of an operator protection device (OPD). The OPD must have been designed and manufactured in accordance with approved engineering standards and independently tested to be eligible for the rebate.
There are currently two OPD devices that meet these criteria and are eligible for the rebate. They are the Quadbar™ and the ATV Lifeguard.
SADA has set aside $100,000 for the rebate scheme in the SA Dairy Industry Fund and applications for rebates are being held open indefinitely.
The rebate is available to farmers that:
- Live and operate a dairy business in South Australia.
- Possess a SA dairy licence.
- Have no more than 10 full-time employees.
- Own a quadbike for work purposes.
- Have dairy farming as a substantial source of income.
- Are owner-operators with no employees are eligible to apply.
For more information, contact SADA on (08) 8293 2399.